Sunday, July 5, 2009

funny things they said...

Things for me to remember...

At Target one day last week, I took Sydney and Carter through the toy aisle. Usually it's not a big deal...they find something to look at and when it's time to go, we put it back. No such luck that day though...Sydney had her heart set on a couple things and Carter found a dump truck he liked (like he doesn't have any trucks!!)

"Ok, it's time to go, let's put this all back" I tell them.
"But Mom, I want to buy something today!" Sydney chirps! "Yeah!!" pipes in Carter.
"Not today Sydney, put it back please"
"But you are buying something (I had a hair dryer in the cart because mine died)...how come I can't get anything?!" she pleads and she even has tears in her eyes!!
"Well your birthday is soon and we will get you something then" I tell her and she reluctantly puts her things back.

Anyway, I was telling Mom about it and when I got to the part where Sydney had tears in her eyes, Sydney said "I was not crying. My eyes were just melting!"


Carter's turn...

Kevin and I were digging holes by the pool to plant some things. Carter being the total boy he is grabbed the shovel every time we put it down so he could take a turn digging. Finally we were almost finished and working on the last hole.
Kevin told Carter, "Ok, back up some so I can dig"
Carter got all defensive and said "I'm NOT some! I'm Carter!!"


Carter also calls his bathing suit a "bathing soup". (Sydney said the same thing last year)

No comments: